As you know, the Doug Culkin, our current President and CEO, announced some time ago that he intended to retire at the end of this year. As a result, National Apartment Association (NAA) formed a CEO Search Committee to secure the next staff leader of the organization. The Committee selected Spencer Stuart, an international executive recruiting firm, to conduct a nationwide search. Hundreds of candidates expressed interest in the position, and the Committee culled the applicants down to a final recommendation.
I am happy to announce that on August 30, 2016, the NAA Board of Directors approved the Committee’s recommendation that Robert “Bob” Pinnegar, the current Executive Vice President and COO, be selected as the new President and CEO of the NAA. Bob brings more than 20 years of experience and commitment to the apartment housing industry. In his role as an association executive with a strong local affiliate and nearly 5 years with NAA, he is uniquely positioned to lead the Association and the industry forward.
The transition will occur during in November and December of this year allowing adequate time to ensure NAA’s smooth transition into 2017.
Additionally, I would like to thank the members of the CEO Search Committee:
- Tom Beaton, CAPS, CPM®, Search Committee Chair, 2015 NAA Chairman, Dolben Company
- Cindy Clare, CPM®, NAA Chairman-Elect, Kettler Management
- Mike Clark, NAA Region 6 Vice President, Alpha-Barnes Real Estate Services
- Mike Clow, CPM®, NAA Treasurer, Greystar
- Josie Eatmon, 2015 AEC President, Triangle Apartment Association
- Kellie Jackson, CAM, CPM®, NAA Region 9 Vice President, Milestone Management
- Jeff Lowry, CAPS, NAA Vice Chair, Madera Residential
- Diana Pittro, NAA Region 3 Vice President, RMK Management Corporation
- Tony Sculthorpe, CAS, 2015 NSC Chairman, CSC ServiceWorks
- Ron Shelton, CAPS, 2009 NAA Chairman, Amalgamated Management Corporation
- Jerry Wilkinson, CAPS, CCIM, 2012 NAA Chairman, The Wilkinson Group, Inc.
I hope you all will join me in looking forward to a continued strong future for NAA with Bob at the helm.