Office Assistant - Report to Executive Director
Utah Apartment Association is seeking a highly motivated and responsible employee to join our team. The office assistant job description features a blend of duties which require organization, the ability to understand messages and directions, and promptly delivering communications to office staff. Primary responsibilities would be to answer incoming phone calls and direct to appropriate department, update and maintain member data base system, assist with marketing for events and meetings, and support the other team members. Other general tasks include
- Answering email inquiries
- Greeting and helping the public
- Signing up new members and introducing them to the Association
- Assist with events planning and marketing, set up of events, and execution of events.
- Following up with members to ensure satisfactory member experience
- Assisting with and planning Education classes
This position directly correlates with the Property Management Industry. Prior experience in leasing, or managing is extremely beneficial but not required. General knowledge of leasing forms, application processes and eviction processes is also helpful.
This is a full-time position M-F. (Rarely, but occasionally a Saturday for special events)
Pay is dependent on experience $15 - 18 per hour.
See below job summary for more information
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY (Results/Output):
The office assistant job description features a blend of duties which require organization, the ability to understand messages and directions, and promptly delivering communications to office staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Project management, complete and follow-up on pending projects, steps, tasks, duties for association ensuring successful and timely completion of projects and events
· Effectively follow-up and communicate with other employees in the tracking of event tasks to ensure duties complete as needed and on time
· Manage and maintain executives' schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
· Arrange and co-ordinate meetings and events
· Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
· Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
· Track and follow-up implementation/progress of management decisions
· Create sales reports, take meeting minutes
· Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
· Design and maintain databases
· File and retrieve documents and reference materials
· Performs other related functions as needed or assigned.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs):
1. Accurate and timely completion of paperwork and reports.
2. Accurate and timely tracking and completion of project tasks ensuring successful completion.
3. Return/respond to answer phones calls/message and emails within one business day.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Front desk or administrative Assistance experience
· Project management experience
· Communication skills with office, customers and vendors
· Customer service experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to multitask and complete simultaneous projects/committees/assignments
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
· Ability to operate computer keyboard.
· QuickBooks/management software
· Ability to communicate effectively with employees, vendors, leaders and customers.
· Ability to establish positive relationships with vendors and customers.
· Organized and able to prioritize work.
· Ability to multi-task directing multiple projects and actions.
· Association management helpful but not required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
· High School Degree
· Extended college degree preferred, but not required
· 3+ years of customer services or project management experience
· 3+ years of administrative or executive assistance experience.
The preceding statements describe the general job responsibilities and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of tasks and skills required of the job incumbent. This job description may be reevaluated and/or modified at any time without notice to the incumbent.
To apply please email resume to Denyse@UAAHQ.org